Â Face Off’s one-on-one or two-on-two gameplay delivers the most visceralÂ Â Call of DutyÂ®Â multiplayer experience in the franchise’s history.Â Getaway and Lookout, two fiercely tactical maps designed exclusively for Face Off, are part ofÂ Â Call of DutyÂ®: Modern WarfareÂ®3 Content Collection #2, released today byÂ Activision Publishing, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary ofÂ Activision Blizzard, Inc.Â (Nasdaq: ATVI).Â Call of DutyÂ®Â Â MW3 Content Collection #2Â features a sprawling collection of new killzones, offering Xbox LIVEÂ® gamers the biggest and most varied content drop inÂ Â Call of DutyÂ history.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Content Collection #2Â Â offers seven all-new pieces of content that includes:
- Getaway:Â This former white-sand vacation spot, boasting exotic aquaria and surfside infinity pools, is now a Face Off map and a haven for ruthless run-and-gun violence.
- Lookout:Â A perilous warren of chokepoints and tight corridors, the second Face Off map drops your one- or two-man teams into a forward observation base carved into a war-torn mountainside.
- Sanctuary:Â Destroy the oppositionâ€”and the ornate relics of an ancient monastic orderâ€”in the towering sandstone cloister of centralÂ Greece’s Sanctuary. SMGs, assault rifles and shotguns will make short work of both.
- Foundation:Â Â Choose your rules of engagement in this decommissioned cement factory in the heart ofÂ South Korea, perfectly constructed for both sniping and run-and-gun combat.
- Oasis:Â Once a postcard-worthy holiday spot, now a paradise for a different sort of travelerâ€”the ones who’ve traded fanny packs for combat fatigues. Pick your combat lanes carefully atop this ancient stone fortress turned five star resort.
- Kill Switch:Â Armed with an EMP, you and a squad mate must neutralize a Russian carrier deep within enemy territory. ThisÂ Special Ops MissionÂ tasks one team member on the ground, fighting through hostiles on your way to the detonation site, while the other must maintain vital cover from behind a sniper scope.
- Iron Clad:Â For the first time, take the wheel of an Abrams-class tank with full escort. Breach and clear and exfiltrate from behind enemy lines inÂ HamburgÂ in this all-new Special Ops mission.
To celebrate the launch ofÂ Â Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Content Collection #2,Â Activision is putting basketball superstarsÂ Brandon JenningsÂ of theÂ Milwaukee BucksÂ againstÂ Gordon HaywardÂ of theÂ Utah JazzÂ head to head in a Face Off Challenge, a special edition of theÂ Â Call of DutyÂ Â Grudge Match for ultimate bragging rights. Jennings and Hayward will captain teams featuring development studio members, online personalities andÂ Â Call of Duty:Â Â Modern Warfare 3Â fans in an intense battle before settling the final score in the all new Face Off. Gamers can review Grudge Match highlights on theÂ Â Modern Warfare 3Â Facebook page here:Â http://www.facebook.com/MW3.
Call of DutyÂ®: Modern WarfareÂ® 3 ContentÂ Â Â Collection #2Â is available first onÂ Xbox LIVE MarketplaceÂ for the Xbox 360Â® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft forÂ 1,200 Microsoft Points, orÂ $14.99. The Collection is open to all; a premiumÂ Â Call of DutyÂ® EliteÂ membership is not required. The DLC pack will be available on other platforms at a later date.
Call of Duty:Â Â Modern Warfare 3 Content Collection #2Â Â is published by Activision and co-developed by Infinity Ward, Sledgehammer Games andÂ Raven Software.Â Â Â Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3Â is rated “M” (Mature) by the ESRB for Blood and Gore, Drug Reference, Intense Violence and Strong Language.Â For more information on the Call of Duty: MW3 content drops, season of content,Â Â Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3Â Â andÂ Â Call of Duty EliteÂ visitÂ www.callofduty.com/mw3Â andÂ Â www.callofduty.com/elite.