Personae Studios announced today that MechWarrior: Tactical Command will be available Thursday, September 27th. Based on the award winning franchise, MechWarrior: Tactical Command takes the world of the BattleTech universe and brings it straight into the palms of iPad users worldwide. The game combines unique, innovative multi-touch game controls along with a single player campaign written by a team of award winning famous science fiction authors, Loren L. Coleman and Randall N. Bills–veterans of the series canon lore. Personae Studios has made a firm effort in staying close to the original mechanics of the BattleTech board game in order to appeal to both newcomers and fans of the MechWarrior series alike.
MechWarrior: Tactical Command features:
- Real Time Tactics on the go: MechWarrior: Tactical Command brings a true mobile RTS experience with Personaeâ€™s unique controls for iOS devices. Players can initiate precise, advanced commands with quick responses to get the mostÂ immersibleÂ BattleTech experience ever.
- Authentic BattleTech Mechanics: MechWarrior: Tactical Command stays very close to the original boardgame. Heat acts as stamina and Mechâ€™s limbs have individual sources of health-watch Mechs cripple other robots as they destroy their limbs and bodyparts!
- Massive Damage: Players will fight through waves of Elementals, Tanks, and other heavy armored mechs with a squad of four warriors in 21 levels set across three planets, including Twycross, where a number of the events from the series occur.
- Massive Mechs: With 30 mechs taken from the series lore, there are a variety of Battle Mechs with different classes to deploy onto the battlefield. Charge in with a Mad Cat, annihilate the opposition with the Atlas, or wreak havoc with the Hatamoto-Chi.
- Massive Customization: Players earn C-bills and tech resources from missions to upgrade their lance of mechs. Increase a mechâ€™s arsenal, tune their BattleMechâ€™s accuracy, or enhance their weapon systems-MechWarrior: Tactical Command lets players build their mechs and squad members whichever way they desire.
Sit tight and get ready to deploy when MechWarrior: Tactical Command makes its way onto iPad devices, Thursday September 27th for $9.99 on the iTunes Store.