– Siegecraft Commander, the action strategy hybrid from Blowfish Studios where players create a network of fortresses by launching buildings from catapults while attacking to topple enemy bases, is available now on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, and HTC Vive. A free update adding support for PlayStation VR as well as separate Oculus Rift and NVIDIA Shield 2 versions will arrive at a later date.
Commanders create a web of interlinked offensive and defensive towers to fortify their home base, cross the battlefield and reduce enemy central posts to rubble. Players are free to design a sprawling network, but their towers must all remain linked to their base. If a structure in a chain is destroyed, everything disconnected from the base in that chain also falls.
Siegecraft Commander supports cross-platform multiplayer for 2-4 players between PlayStation 4 and PC as well as Xbox One to PC. Players can also opt for a birds-eye view of the battlefield by using a VR headset with a traditional gamepad or VR-supplementing motion controllers.
Multiplayer matches can be played as tactical turn-based or action-packed RTS battles. The single player campaign features a real-time war between a band of defense-focused knights and a tribe of offense-oriented Lizardmen.
Siegecraft Commander is available for $19.99 on Steam, the Humble Store, PlayStation Store and Xbox Store with a 30% launch discount in most stores. The game features full English voice work and subtitles.
- 28 different structures to leverage against enemy forces
- Two single-player campaigns following different factions, each with eight levels
- Online multiplayer for 2-4 tacticians with console-to-PC crossplay
- Optional VR and motion controller support to make aiming shots even more intuitive
- Two playable clans, each with distinct advantages in war
“Siegecraft Commander invites fans of both turn-based battles and frantic skirmishes to enjoy a versatile strategy game designed for either preference,” said Benjamin Lee, CEO, Blowfish Studios. “From support for different playstyles, cross-play, and traditional monitor or VR setups, Siegecraft Commander is an open invitation for anyone who loves strategy to craft a flawless battle plan, steady their aim, and take out their rivals.”